PROPER USE AND CARE
Instructions for Dogs
Click here for the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Do not use on cats or kittens – may be fatal
Use only on dogs or puppies 12 weeks of age or older.
Do not use more than one tube per dog/puppy and do not retreat more than once per month.
Do not get the dog’s eye or mouth and do not allow your dog/puppy to ingest this product.
How to Apply:
- Remove product tube from packaging.
- Twist cap to break seal, remove cap from tube.
- Invert tube over dog and use open end to part dog’s hair.
- Apply the entire tube (3 mL) as a spot to the skin at three or more different locations along the dog’s back between the shoulder blades and base of the tail.
- Squeeze tube to apply all of the solution to the dog’s skin.
- Wrap tube and put in trash.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
HAZARDOUS TO HUMANS:
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Causes moderate eye irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
HAZARDOUS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS:
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on animals other than dogs. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing dogs. Consult a veterinarian before using on dogs with known organ dysfunction. DO NOT USE ON CATS or animals other than dogs. Cats which actively groom or engage in close physical contact with treated dogs may be at risk of serious harmful effect. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. It is advisable to consult a veterinarian before using this product with any other pesticide or drug.
FIRST AID, IF SWALLOWED:
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water, if able to swallow.
- Do not induct vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES:
- Hold eyes open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eyes.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-855-844-4375 for emergency medical treatment information
Some animals may be sensitive to ingredients in this product. Reactions in dogs may include skin sensitivity. Dogs may show lethargy, increased pruritus (itchiness), erythema (redness), rash and hair discoloration or hair loss at the application site. Observe the dog following treatment. Sensitivity may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your dog with a mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
This product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not add directly to water. Do not contaminate water when disposing of product or packaging.
SIDE EFFECTS: Monitor your dog after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effect occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-855-844-4375.
Why Choose VetGuard® Plus for Dogs?
Watch Our Video
As part of our commitment in providing vet recommended products for your pet, we source ingredients and manufacture VetIQ® products right here in America. This allows us to confidently stand behind the quality of each product.
- Quality - Same quality of products veterinarians recommend
- Effectiveness - Ingredients proven effective
- Made in USA - Ingredients sourced and products manufactured in America