EAGLE, Idaho (May 15, 2013)—To aide pet owners in keeping their beloved four-legged friends healthy and happy, VetIQ™ today introduced a line of high quality pet prescription medications, over- the-counter flea & tick control and other health and wellness supplements for dogs and cats, all at savings to many other brand alternatives. VetIQ™ products are vet-grade quality–of the quality veterinarians recommend—and are now available at traditional retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Kmart and Sam’s Club.
“Until recently, pet owners could only fill pet prescriptions at their vet clinic, but now they can save by having these prescriptions filled at their local pharmacy,” said Glen Moore, VetIQ™ vice president of marketing. “What’s more, VetIQ™ is proud to offer a number of over-the-counter, vet-grade products, including supplements, to keep pets healthy at significant savings to the owner.”
Purchasing pet prescriptions is as easy as one, two, three. First, request your pet’s written prescription during your next vet appointment. Second, take it to your local pharmacy and ask your pharmacist if there is a generic version of that medication to help you save even more. Finally, take your pet’s prescriptions home at savings to you.
VetIQ™ products are veterinarian recommended, made in the USA and not all require a prescription. The comprehensive line of over-the-counter products includes:
- VetGuard Plus® ($24.99 for 4-month supply)—vet-grade, triple-action formula that kills fleas & ticks, prevents eggs and larvae from becoming adults, while repelling new pests from developing.
- VetIQ™ Minties® ($6.88, available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club)—a total oral health solution your dog will love. The vet-grade, triple-action formula helps clean teeth, freshen breath and control plaque and tartar.
- VetIQ™ Hip & Joint Chews ($15.99 SRP)—total joint health to support your dog. Triple- action formula helps build joint cartilage, lubricate joints and strengthen muscles around the joint tissue, helping to ease joint discomfort and increase mobility and flexibility.
- VetIQ™ Vitamin Chews ($15.99 SRP)—a bite-sized, easy-to-chew and digest multivitamin and mineral supplement that promotes your dog’s overall health, wellness and vitality.
- VetIQ™ Skin & Coat ($15.99 SRP)—complete skin and coat health for dogs. Each chew contains omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil, biotin and antioxidants to help soften and protect from oxidative damage, leaving your dog’s coat smooth and shiny.
- VetIQ™ Pill Treats ($6.99 SRP)—a tasty treat for dogs that contain a built-in pill tube, perfect for hiding a tablet or capsule. Pets love them so much they don’t notice there’s medication inside.
“VetIQ™ products use quality formulations that I look for as a veterinarian and dog owner,” said Dr. Liz Hanson, doctor of veterinary medicine at Corona del Mar Animal Hospital in Newport Beach, Calif. “As a professional, I care about dogs and cats, but I know high-quality prescription medications and over-the-counter treatments can be expensive. That is why I believe so strongly in VetIQ™. These products allow people to enjoy the benefits of having a dog or cat, with the peace-of- mind that quality vet-grade products can be affordable and more accessible to them.”
“I pay close attention to the active ingredient list to ensure that the products are made with quality ingredients, ensuring they are effective and safe for my own pets as well as my patients’,” adds Dr. Hanson.
Visit www.VetIQ.com for more product and purchasing information for affordable vet-grade quality pet medications.
VetIQ™ offers veterinarian recommended pet prescription medications, over-the-counter flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for America’s pets, at savings to other brand name alternatives. The company’s extensive pet care portfolio consists of VetGuard Plus® Flea & Tick control, Minties® dental treats, VetIQ™ health & wellness products and prescription heartworm and NSAID medications. Each product is made with vet-grade quality ingredients and is available at traditional retailers nationwide, including Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Kroger, Kmart and Costco. In addition, VetIQ™ products are backed by years of research and development to ensure all medications and supplements comply with FDA and EPA regulations for product and packaging safety, because quality, safe products are the company’s priority. For more information, please visit www.VetIQ.com.