EAGLE, Idaho (April 30, 2013)—To arm pet owners with the tools they need to keep their dogs healthy from spring to fall, VetIQ™ today announced the launch of VetGuard Plus® flea and tick control. Now available at major retailers nationwide, including Kroger and Walmart, the new vet grade, triple-action formula kills fleas and ticks, prevents eggs and larvae from becoming adults and repels new pests from developing. Demonstrating more than 92 percent control of fleas within one day of application, VetGuard Plus® offers pet parents an effective and accessible flea and tick control at cost-savings to other brands.
“Treating for fleas and ticks is a simple and smart way to improve the health and happiness of your pet,” said Dr. Liz Hanson, doctor of veterinary medicine at Corona del Mar Animal Hospital in Newport Beach, CA. “Flea and tick infestations can begin as early as April and last through October, making the 78.2 million owned dogs in the U.S. vulnerable. VetGuard Plus® is a perfect flea and tick control option for pet owners—it is a reliable and affordable way to not only kill adult fleas, ticks and other pests, but it prevents the new generation of pests from infesting your dog.”
To guide pet parents in applying the simple and safe formula, VetIQ™ and Dr. Hanson suggest a five- step routine to safely and effectively administer flea and tick control:
- Clean your pet’s environment. Vacuum and clean any interior carpet, rugs and your pet’s sleep area to diminish any pre-existing pests.
- Be cautious of bathing your pet prior to application. If you bathe your dog prior to using flea and tick treatment, be sure all the soap is thoroughly washed off and make sure your pet is completely dry to ensure product effectiveness.
- Always ensure proper dosage to accommodate your dog’s size. Products like VetGuard Plus® are available in several different dosages to suit the weight of small, medium, large or extra-large dogs.
- Read instructions and apply. For the best results, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions for application.
- Reapply monthly. You should use flea and tick control year-round to help prevent general irritation and diseases associated with fleas and ticks, including those that may cause Lyme disease.
“While many pet owners understand the potential harm of pests, many do not understand how simple it is to take control of their pet’s wellbeing early on,” said Glen Moore, vice president of marketing for VetIQ™. “Using VetGuard Plus® flea and tick control is an easy and affordable way to keep your pet happy and healthy all year long.”
VetGuard Plus®’ triple-action formula contains vet grade quality ingredients made in the U.S. and complies with FDA and EPA regulations for product safety. Each package contains a four-month supply for $24.99 and is sold at retailers including Walmart, Sam’s Club, Kroger, Kmart, Costco and Rite Aid. VetIQ™ also offers VetGuard® for cats.
Visit www.VetGuardPlus.com for more information.
VetIQ™ offers veterinarian recommended pet prescription medications, over-the-counter flea & tick preventives and other health and wellness supplements for America’s pets, at savings to other brand name alternatives. The company’s extensive pet care portfolio consists of VetGuard Plus® Flea & Tick control, Minties® Dental Treats, VetIQ™ Health & Wellness products and prescription heartworm and NSAID medications. Each product is made with vet grade quality ingredients and is available at traditional retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Sam’s Club, Kroger, Kmart, Costco and Rite Aid. In addition, VetIQ products are backed by years of research and development to ensure all medications and supplements comply with FDA and EPA regulations for product and packaging safety, because quality, safe products are the company’s priority. For more information, please visit www.VetIQ.com.